Sunday, May 6, 2012
Toad Suck Daze
Here in Conway we have a festival called Toad Suck Daze. I'm not really sure on the exact details of its origin but I'll fill you in on what I know: here goes. There's a park right outside of town by the Arkansas river called Toad Suck Park. Not sure why... But the first festival was at the park. And now, over 30 years later it's a HUGE festival that's held downtown Conway. Streets are closed and vendors come from all over to flood downtown with funnel cakes, homemade lemonade, crafts, clothing, etc. Not to mention the magic shows, face painting, balloon art, and concerts. We had VIT (very important toad) passes * how cute is that?!* so we got to see the concerts live & up close! I got to meet & be backstage for EnVogue Friday night (loved them in high school & still knew every word)! Then saturday I took the boys to ride rides & race toads (oh yes, that's another cool thing, the kids catch & RACE toads- cutest thing ever). Of course while we were there we ate jumbo corn dogs & drank yummy homemade lemonade. Josh got to hear Jamey Johnson & Randy Houser that night. It was a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment