Monday, July 9, 2012
Let Freedom Ring
Happy fourth of July 2012! We had a great 4th. Didn't get out of the house until noon, then went to the pool. At about 6 we headed to LR to meet the Davis'. We had dinner at Josh's favorite place, Olive Garden, then headed downtown for the fireworks. Before the show started the boys and girls just HAD to get some glow sticks- which they of course loved. It was a great fireworks show! Probably the best I've seen, we laid on blankets to watch, it looked like they were falling on us! As I laid there and the loud booming of the fireworks shook me from within, I couldn't help but think about all the soldiers that have fought for our country. From soldiers of long ago who heard the loud boom of cannons to the soldiers of today that hear the boom of bombs and fighter jets. We are so blessed, beyond what we, as people born free, can comprehend. If the loud boom of fireworks startles me I'm pretty confident I wouldn't be able to endure much of anything that goes on in a war. I can't imagine all of the things our soldiers see and do for us, but I'm so glad they did all those years ago and I'm glad they do it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Brooke thanks for sharing that. I have had that feeling before watching fireworks on a beach. My heart just breaking thinking of the sky exploding in such a different way for all those that fought for our independence. I love you and Im so glad we were raised to be thankful for the things we have that others fought to give us.
ReplyDelete