Saturday, October 20, 2012

Giddy Up

Brennon's school is so great about planning fun field trips! This week we went to a ranch right outside of town. It was so beautiful. It was literally 7 miles from Walmart but when we got about 3 miles away from the ranch I felt like I had entered another world. I felt like I was back home in the country for a second. The trees were so beautiful, hanging over the gravel road that wound up the side of a slight hill. The barn was at the top of the hill and the pasture was visible in the valley below. I could've stayed there all day.
The owners were great with the kids (they have 3 boys of their own) showing them all the tools they use on the cows & horses. Then they took the kids on a hay ride around the ranch. After we got back to the barn the kids got to ride horses- this was Brenn's favorite part. He was a little nervous at first, but after riding about 10 feet he started saying "woohoo"! After they all got a turn riding horses they had a snack & potato sack races. It was a fun little field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment